You can make appointments in the following ways:
- Online via the above link (you need to register first to book on-line - please contact us for details)
- By calling us on:
- 01483 766333 (for Hillview) or
- 01483 768858 (for Goldsworth Park)
- You can also book, check and cancel your own appointments at any time through our automated telephone system which works with touch-tone telephones.
We have different types of appointments available:
- Same day (for urgent cases)
- Up to 6 weeks in advance
- Telephone appointments with a doctor or nurse practitioner (bookable up to 6 weeks in advance)
For same day appointments - we may not be able to offer you a specific appointment time and if we do - it may be subject to change. We will also not be able to let you know which clinician you will see. The clinician may be a doctor or nurse practitioner.
Please notify the receptionist if you believe you or the patient being brought to the surgery may be ‘infectious’. This is so that we can make appropriate waiting arrangements.
Children under 16 years should ideally be accompanied by an adult - unless they wish to come on their own.
GP and nurse practitioner availability
Please click here for a detailed timetable (please note the clinicians availability can change due to holidays or sickness).
Named accountable GP
From 01 April 2015 - the NHS has asked us to make sure that all of our patients have a 'named accountable GP'.
What does your 'named accountable GP mean?
Your 'named GP' is the GP who will ensure that we work with other health and care providers to deliver a health and care package - including health checks - that meets your needs.
Things to know about your 'named GP':
- You can consult with any of our GPs or other clinicians - not just your 'named GP'
- Your 'named GP' can't be available all of the time (they have families too!) - so other GPs and clinicians will support you too
- If you would like to have a different 'named GP' to the one that we allocate to you - just let us know and we will try to meet your preference. If this is not possible - we will let tell you that we can't and will explain the reasons why
- Your 'named GP' is not legally responsible for the support you receive from other health and care professionals
Advice and information by telephone
Telephone consultations with our GPs, nurse practitioners and practice nurses are available. Please note that the receptionists have instructions not to interrupt the doctors whilst consulting except for a medical emergency.
You are entitled to arrange or ask for a chaperone to be present during intimate examinations. Please ask in advance if you wish the practice to provide a chaperone. Remember that personal information will be discussed during your conversation.
If you need help with interpreting or translation please arrange for a friend or relative to accompany you.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us at least an hour before the appointment time in order for us to give the slot to someone else.
Failure to Attend Appointments
Failure to attend four appointments can lead to you being removed from our practice list. Please make sure that you cancel any appointments that you cannot attend.