- You need to ensure you attend any appointment at the arranged time. If this is not possible, you should inform the surgery as soon as possible.
- Failure to attend 3 appointments in any 12 month period can result in you being removed from the practice list. So please make sure you cancel appointments that you don't want or can't make.
- Face to face appointments are for 10 minutes - so there is only enough time to discuss one issue in the apppointment.
- Appointments are for one person only.
- Patients are responsible for their own health, and the health of their children, and should co-operate with the practice in endeavouring to keep themselves healthy.
- Requests for advice and help for non-urgent matters should be made during surgery hours only.
- Many problems can be solved by advice alone, therefore patients should not always expect a prescription.
- Please note that receptionists have instructions not to interrupt the doctors whilst consulting except in cases of a medical emergency (the receptionist will need the details of the emergency) in which case the duty doctor will be interrupted.
- We ask that patients treat the doctors, nurses and staff with courtesy and respect. They are trying to do their best for you.
- Home visits should only be requested for patients who are seriously ill or housebound. It is important to bear in mind that most medical problems are dealt with more effectively in the clinical setting of a well-equipped surgery or hospital.
- Children should be brought to the surgery.
- Patients should realise that home visits are made at the doctors' discretion. In the time it takes to carry out one visit, three or four patients could be seen in surgery.
- Requests for visits and advice by night should only be made for true emergencies.
If you feel you need an urgent appointment we will arrange for you to be seen on the same day and/or discuss your problem with a doctor over the phone.
Delays In surgery
We will ensure that you are seen by a doctor/nurse within 20 minutes of your allocated appointment time at least 80% of the time. If we cannot do this we will tell you in advance and always offer an explanation/apology/alternative time.
We will always have your repeat prescription ready for collection within 72 working hours of your request.
We will refer you to a consultant when the GP thinks it is necessary, and, if necessary, refer you for a second opinion if you and the GP agree this is desirable.
We guarantee to keep all your details confidential. At all times we will also always respect your privacy, dignity and religious and cultural beliefs.
If you have reason to make a complaint we guarantee to make an initial response to this within three working days (unless you wish to remain anonymous). We will then try to provide a full response to the issue you have raised within a further 10 working days. If we don't think we can do this - we will let you know when we should be able to respond to you.
We guarantee to provide seating for all patients.